Why Fiverr is a Great Place to Get Clients
In a word: traffic. When you’re just starting out, the most difficult thing is to get traffic that will eventually turn into sales. By listing on the Fiverr marketplace, you are taking advantage of all the traffic that the site already gets.
Fiverr Gig Tips
For your profile, make sure to upload a face picture as people will trust that more than a logo. For your gig, you’ll need to write a title and a description. The title should have all words start with a capital letter and one word be in all capitals (since Fiverr allows all caps in one word). So an allowable title would be ‘I Will Give You An AMAZING Video For $5’. The description should flow as a continuation of the headline. Tell them what you will be doing and make sure to emphasize the benefits that they will get from ordering your gig. Make sure to add in some things in how your gig is differentiated from your competitors. Also look up your competitors to see what tags they are using as you’ll want to include these same tags in your gig listing. If you’re stumped for tags, just think of some two to three word phrases that people searching for your gig will type into the search box.
You can also choose to offer ‘Express Delivery’ which means your gig will be done in 24 hours, the advantages of an express gig are that:
- Fiverr will show the express delivery tag on your listing.
- There will be a link to all express gigs just below the search box, making it easy for potential buyers to locate your gig.
- Express delivery could tilt things in your favor compared to another seller. Try using express gigs for the competitive edge they’ll give your gigs until you get some positive reviews. Otherwise you’ll have to compete with others sellers who have positive reviews, a difficult task when you’re starting out and don’t have any reviews. Start off with 24 hour delivery, but you can increase that to 3 to 5 days delivery once you have got some reviews.
But if you choose to give 24 hour delivery, then you need to be checking your email a couple times everyday to make sure you’ve got enough time to react to orders. If you fall behind you can always pause your gig.
Say yes to adding a video. Fiverr gives a preference in its search to gigs with videos uploaded so you should consider adding a video to your gig. Also try mentioning Fiverr in your video since it will stand out as not being generic but targeted at your Fiverr audience. For your gig image, choose an image that has bright text on a dark colored background to make it stand it.
Become a Popular Fiverr Seller
To start making real money on Fiverr, you’ll need to do the following:
- Offer gigs that will be hot sellers (look for other gigs that have lots of reviews to see what’s selling on Fiverr).
- Don’t offer things that will take too much time to complete. Offering to stand on a crowded city block while holding your client’s message up on a poster board for an hour is not going to be your path to riches.
- Fiverr allows you to have 20 gigs per account, so don’t be afraid to test out various gigs. Drop the gigs that don’t bring in any sales and keep the ones that do. Rotate in new gigs to see if any of them catch on.
Contact Information in Fiverr Gigs
Fiverr is hyper vigilant about not allowing you to post your email address in your gig description or in messages to the seller. They want all transactions to happen on their site where they get a cut of the action. But you can include your website address in our gig description. A sneaky trick is to tell them to go to your website to get a free sample of your gig. You’re website URL should lead to a squeeze page designed to capture their email. The page will ask them to leave their email to get the free sample sent to them.
Also make sure to include your email in any deliverables you give to your client. If for example you send them a PDF report, then make sure your email (along with any sales pitch for higher paying gigs) is included.